1 cup tur dal
1 cup shredded cabbage
4 green chillies
3 tomato, chopped
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp oil
3-4 garlic cloves. crushed
2 dry red chili
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal
1 spring curry leaves
a pinch of asafetida
- In a pressure cooker add oil, add dal and fry for 2 mins,
- Now add cabbage, slit green chillies, chopped tomato, turmeric, salt and 1 cup water and cook for 4-5 whistles or until soft.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, dry red chili, curry leaves and crushed garlic n fry till garlic turns light brown/
- Add asafetida and Add this tempering to the cooked dal.
- Set the consistency by adding little water and simmer for 5 min.
- Check the seasoning and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.